Garage in Lavaux for new tires and alignment

Refroidissement à eau 996, 997, 991, ...
Répondre
miika
Nouveau
Nouveau

Message par miika »

Hello all,

So it's been 3 thousand km with the 996tt and I need new rear tires. ;) No, to be honest they were not in very good condition to begin with and they still have a bit of tread left. But the weekend trip to rainy Stuttgart got me convinced that it's worthwhile to change them. Not only were they a bit slippery with lots of water, but there is also unpleasant vibration between 180kmh and 220kmh. I will get Michelin PS2, but the question is where? They cost about 440Fr a piece at reifendirekt and I don't want to pay much more. Any recommendations of a shop somewhere reasonable distance from Lavaux?

I also want to get the alignment checked at the same time to make sure the new tires will age well. So the shop should be professional at this as well.

Thanks,
Miika
miika
Nouveau
Nouveau

Re: Garage in Lavaux for new tires and alignment

Message par miika »

Anyone, no one?

Well in any case here is one of the reasons to go to Stuttgart:

Regards,
Miika
Alain
concierge
concierge

Message par Alain »

I don't know of any Porsche dealers in Lavaux (or near), but you can extend your range and check with Vito in Bulle ... he can change tires and check your alignment ... the only problem ... you will have to speak French ;) or find a translator for the day ...

AB
miika
Nouveau
Nouveau

Message par miika »

Ok, I can live with a trip to Bulle and even manage with French. Will he sell me the tires as well?

Thanks,
Miika
Alain
concierge
concierge

Message par Alain »

He sold me mine !

Give him a call, or send him a mail.
You will find all his details on the main CC site, in the garage section.

Best

AB
NotTwinTurboYet
pilote
pilote

Message par NotTwinTurboYet »

I guess it's a bit late to reply but Michelin PSS are much better than PS2 (unless you like drifting :-) ).

Cheers.
miika
Nouveau
Nouveau

Message par miika »

Thanks for the suggestion.

Indeed the PSS seems superior to PS2, but it does not seem to be available in the standard 18" sizes. My fronts are still in relatively good condition so I probably want to match them. Maybe for the next set I'll go for 19" with new wheels.

-Miika
miika
Nouveau
Nouveau

Message par miika »

Thanks Alain, Vito or actually his younger employee, whos name I didn't catch, was very helpful in english I must add.

The tires and alignment are now sorted and they noticed a wheel bearing problem without me complaining about some nose from the front. That'll get fixed next week.

So now I know where to go with my maintenance. Next challenge is to find a track event for a novice that could also work with very limited french.

Regards,
Miika
Répondre